Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Small Space Solutions

I live in a 900 square foot house, with two cats and one very large dog that thinks she owns the place. I have accumulated quite a lot in my 25 years on this earth. Not to mention my mom. She has the greatest taste and gets you everything she thinks you need. Last summer she discovered estate sales so that was a very chaotic time. I love my mom and her crazy tendencies. She just likes to challenge me organizational abilities :) I am going to do a series of post on how to organize efficiently in small spaces on a even smaller budget. Today is ACCESSORIES!!!! Accessories are one of my favorite things; they can make or break any outfit. I have accumulated quite a lot over the years. This is how I have them contained :)
All my Jewlery is kept on my dresser:

This is the top of my dresser. I have a jewelry chest that was free from a garage sale. I repainted it and added crystals around the door. A tree earring stand (on top of jewelry chest), that was a $1 from the Dollar Store. A black jewelry box that was decoupaged and painted during my youth. A necklace holder that was a gift for my birthday. A fabric make-up divider from previously mentioned desist family friend. And a Glass mannequin head, 50% off at Pier One. Everything else is from around the house.

Close ups:



On top of the black jewelry box is a mesh business card holder turned on its side, it is currently holding earrings.

Behind that is a martin glass holding bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. The bracelets are stacked upon a long neck vase.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Here is a close up of the martini glass and buisness card holder.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
The orange container is a wide mouth vase also used to hold bracelets. I have scarves tied around a clear vase that is holding all my skinny belts. ( Not pictured the pillow/belt system for wide belts, I will post picture of it later).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Scarves:

Scarves are hung over the bottom of a picture framed attached to the wall.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Hair Accesories:

I used the picture frame idea in the bathroom as well. I hung the picture frames and then added nails to the wall inside the frame to hold the blow dryer and straightener . I hot glued ribbon to the back of frames to hand a clip things off of. I have my sunglasses, hair clips, and headbands on these

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 These are just a few of the ways I have found that work for me in a tight space. Stay tuned for more ideas to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I need to take a lesson from you. You are so well organized and I LOVE the picture frame idea for your hairdryer, straightener, etc. So clever!!

xoxo
Amy

http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

nikatknight said...

Thank you so much Amy. I really had to rack my brain to make everything fit!