Saturday, February 2, 2008

Part 2: The amazing meal!!

Today is not a bad day at all. I will get my T.V. back from the repair man, which may not seem like a big deal but it was my first big ticket purchase with my own money, so I am glad they could fix it. Apparently the circuit board wires came unattached. My dad is going to pick it up and then come over and look at my kitchen wall. It has become unattached from ceiling in places about 1/4 of an inch. Hopefully it is nothing serious, but I fear my lovely tiny houses foundation may be settling. Hopefully not though. :0) One should always be optimistic.

Anyways...on to last night’s meal...I woke up looking forward to the leftovers. This is always a good sign. We made Portobello Mushroom Burgers with spicy green sauce and an onion bake with fresh mozzarella. It was amazing and very healthy. We bought only organic or natural things with all the ingredients being something we could pronounce :0) The recipe is courtesy of Rachel Ray. I do not care what anyone says about her, that woman is amazing. My very good friend gave me three R.R. cookbooks for my birthday. I was very appreciative and it was a nice surprise.
















1) You start by cutting the stems of four large portabella mushrooms and putting them in a large sauté pan on medium heat with a little bit of EVO (extra virgin olive oil). I used less then what it called for because I was trying to make it as healthy as possible. You let each side cook for about 5 minutes on each side. I seasoned each side with a little sea salt and pepper. Then you turn the tops inside up an cover with balsamic vinegar. Then when the vinegar was almost all evaporated I put fresh mozzarella cheese on top. Then moved it to a cool burner and covered.


















2) To make the green sauce. You put basil leaves, parsley leaves, and capers, 1 glove of garlic and lemon juice and chop it up really fine in a food processor. Scrap in to a bowl and then add some evo, sea salt, shredded parmesan cheese and pepper, mix it all together. Slather it on your burger and add onion and lettuce. It was super yummy. However if you are not a garlic lover you may not want to add the whole clove.

















3) The onion bake was super good and just things I threw together that needed to be used. I chopped up one red onion and added a little batter and some water and shook it all together in a bag. Then added a little bit of EVO and some sea salt and pepper and put in a glass baking dish. Add some fresh parmesan on the top. It was delicious! I was pleasantly surprised.

















The whole meal together was very nice and we shared it with friends :0) A meal is always best when shared with as many people as possible.















For an appetizer I roasted some fresh garlic. It was very delicious. I think garlic is an amazing food, but now I am very paranoid I smell like it. Thanks S.O.! :0)
















I love fresh cooked food. If anyone is interested in the exact recipe feel free to email me.

I also talked about some fabric in question for curtains. Here it is: I am still on the fence about it.
















I am thinking about making coffee cup cozies tonight! So tune back in and see what happens. Have a very amazing weekend!
XoXo
Nik

No comments: